How can you tell if you have an eating disorder?
If you think you might have an eating disorder try answering the following questions:
- Do you make yourself sick because you’re uncomfortably full?
- Do you worry that you’ve lost control over how much you eat?
- Have you recently lost more than 6 kilograms (about a stone) in three months?
- Do you believe you’re fat when others say you’re thin?
- Would you say that food dominates your life?
This will not tell you if you definitely have an eating disorder or not. However, as a rough guide, if you answer yes to two or more of these questions you may have an eating disorder and it would be worth making an appointment with your doctor to discuss this further.