Black and white photo of young people

Has someone hurt you?

Every child deserves to be cared for and safe from harm. No-one has the right to hurt you or make you do things that don’t feel right. If this is happening to you, it is not your fault. It is important to tell someone so that it can stop.

You can talk to your teacher, school nurse, doctor, social worker or a police officer. They all know about child abuse and have a duty to help you.

Childline has lots of information about what abuse and how you can get help. You can contact them on 0800 1111, or by email or online chat via their website (see resources on right).

If anyone is worried about a child or young person being at risk of harm, they need to contact the Family Protection Unit.


If you live in Fife, more information is available via the Child Protection team.


If you are in IMMEDIATE danger then phone Police Scotland on 999.

External resources